Concluding the three-part blog How to Prepare a Winter Driving Emergency Car Kit, the following presents some final thoughts on what motorists should keep in mind when putting together winter safety kits to keep in all of their family’s cars. While Parts 1 and 2 of this blog outlined some general tips, as well as some specific items related to fixing a broken down vehicle (respectively), here in Part 3, we will take a look at the other important items to keep in these kits so that drivers and their passengers can remain safe and warm as they wait for help when they can’t get their vehicles running again.
Other items to include in winter driving safety kits are as follows:
- Things to warn other drivers
- Flares, reflectors and/or reflector tape
- A flashlight and batteries
- Things to keep you and your passengers safe and warm
- A first aid kit to be able to attend to minor injuries
- Medication that you or your family may need (such as asthma inhalers, heart medication, etc.)
- A blanket or sleeping bag
- An extra hat, gloves, sweater and socks
- An extra coat and pair of boots
- Chemical hand warmers.
- Additional items
- A gallon of water
- Jerky, canned foods and other nonperishable food items
- A small battery-operated radio
- Optional: games or reading materials to keep you and passengers occupied while you await help.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.