Picking up from How to Prepare a Winter Driving Emergency Car Kit (Part 1), here is more important info that all motorists should know about putting together safety kits to keep in their cars during the winter season. While the first installment of this blog laid out some more generalized tips that drivers should keep in mind as they get these emergency kits together, this second installment will list the specific things that drivers should include in these winter driving emergency kits so that they can:
- Attempt to get their vehicles running again (when and if possible)
- Stay safe and warm without having their vehicle running in the event they need to wait with their broken down car for help for extended lengths of time.
The following are the essential items to keep in the winter driving emergency car kits you prepare for each of your family’s vehicles:
- Things to try to get your car back on the road
- Jumper cables
- Tire chains
- Tow straps
- An ice scraper, snow shovel and/or snow brush (you can find a single device that includes all of these tools to save room in your winter driving emergency kit.)
- A bag of sand or kitty litter (if your car is stuck in snow, these items can provide some extra traction that may be able to help free your vehicle.)
- A cellphone and/or car charger for your cellphone so you can call for help if you are stranded in an area that doesn’t have roadside call boxes
- A limited tool kit, which should include a hammer, adjustable wrench, screwdriver and duct tape.
The upcoming Part 3 of this blog will list additional important items to be sure to keep in your winter driving kit.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at the Cederberg Law Firm by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
For more than 35 years, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At the Cederberg Law Firm P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.