While motor vehicle accidents can be caused by any number of factors – including poor weather and road conditions and/or some type of driver negligence, in some cases, these collisions may result from essential pieces of equipment on the vehicle failing to work properly. In fact, vehicle equipment failure can occur at any time – even when the car isn’t being driven, and the resulting injuries can be life-threatening in the worst cases.
When vehicle equipment malfunctions result in serious injuries to drivers or vehicle occupants, injured parties:
- Will likely have an injury claim against the vehicle equipment manufacturer and/or the auto repair shop responsible for maintaining the vehicle
- Will have the best chances of securing the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses by working with a skilled personal injury attorney.
Vehicle Equipment That Can Malfunction
Although any part of a vehicle could, theoretically, fail to stop working and, in turn, increase the risk of a severe car accident, the pieces of equipment most commonly reported to malfunction in motor vehicles in the U.S. include (but are not limited to):
- Tires (through, for example, tread separation and tire blowouts – In fact, Michelin recently recalled more than 1 million of its truck tires due to the risk of tread separation.)
- Steering systems (In November 2013, Chrysler recalled more than 1 million vehicles due to problems with their steering systems.)
- Software (Just weeks ago, GM issued a recall of nearly 400,000 trucks due to problems with the vehicles’ software that could cause car fires.)
- Brake systems
- Ignition systems.
Be sure to check out our upcoming second part of this blog for more information regarding vehicle equipment failures, injuries and lawsuits.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.