Despite the fact that delivery trucks are vital to transportation of mail and goods, the drivers of these trucks – and sometimes even the companies who employ them – are not always as diligent as they should be about:
- Complying with the laws (including traffic laws, federal trucking regulations, state trucking regulations, etc.)
- Keeping their trucks in proper working order before taking (or sending) them out on hauls
- Generally doing their part to reduce the risk of motor vehicles accidents and keep others on the roadways as safe as possible.
When any type of negligence contributes to delivery truck accidents:
- Accident survivors – including families who may have lost a loved one to a delivery truck accident – will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses.
- The trusted Boulder truck accident attorneys at Cederberg Law will be ready to fight for survivors’ rights to compensation and justice both inside and outside of the court room.
Truck Driver Negligence and Delivery Truck Accidents
In many cases, the mistakes or outright recklessness of delivery truck drivers is responsible for causing serious, possibly deadly traffic accidents. Some specific examples of truck driver negligence that can trigger such accidents include:
- Drivers falling asleep behind the wheel
- Drivers operating trucks while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (even when these drugs are over-the-counter or prescription medications)
- Drivers using their cellphones or otherwise being distracted while driving
- Drivers lacking the necessary experience to safely operate delivery trucks
- Drivers intentionally choose to violate traffic laws by, for instance, failing to yield the rights-of-way, running red lights, etc.
- Drivers overloading trucks or failing to properly secure cargo (This could increase the risk of both rollovers and jackknifes.)
- Drivers failing to inspect and/or properly maintain trucks prior to taking them out onto the roads.
Don’t miss the upcoming second part of this blog for a discussion of how trucking companies’ negligence can contribute to delivery truck accidents.
The Boulder Truck Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law Are Ready to Fight for Your Rights
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of truck accident that may have been caused by truck driver or a trucking company’s negligence, don’t hesitate to contact the Boulder car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by:
- Calling us at 303-499-0449
- Emailing us using the form on this page.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, our trusted lawyers are a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.