About every 10 seconds, a car accident occurs on U.S. roadways, and on average, American drivers will be involved in at least one car accident every five or so years, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
While a number of different factors – including driver negligence and vehicle equipment defects – contribute to the frequency of car accidents, in some cases, dangerous roadway conditions can play a role in causing or worsening car accidents. One specific instance of dangerous roadway conditions can be associated with construction zones, which, by their nature, disrupt the normal flow of traffic.
Examples of How Constructions Zones Can Cause Car Accidents
Some of the ways in which construction zones can increase the risk of car accidents include (but are not limited to) by:
- Failing to properly alert drivers about an upcoming construction zone due a lack of appropriate signage
- Failing to clearly point out detours to drivers
- Failing to clearly demarcate new lanes
- Failing to properly contain all of the equipment being used in the zone
- Allowing liquid and debris to spill or roll into the roadways (including dropping equipment or debris onto cars)
- Occupying shoulder areas so that broken down vehicles have nowhere to pull off.
When such instances of negligence occur and cause a car accident, the following people or parties may be held responsible for compensating injured drivers and passengers:
- The particular construction worker may have caused the accident
- The engineers who oversee the construction site
- The company responsible for setting up and maintaining the construction site
- The city or county who hired the company doing the work.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.