Auto makers who mail consumers notices regarding recalls on vehicle equipment are now required to include specific warning labels on these mailings, according to a recent mandate issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
First announced at the end of February 2014, this new mandate has been in place for less than two months and is intended to:
- Quickly attract consumers’ attention regarding important mailings associated with vehicle recalls
- Prevent consumers from potentially mistaking these mailings for junk mail
- Ideally incite consumers to take the necessary action in order to replace the recalled equipment on their cars so they can keep their family as safe as possible when they are driving.
Backing this new mandate is Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, who has explained that, “recalls only work if consumers are aware of them… this new label will allow consumers to quickly recognize recall notices mailed to their homes so they can act quickly to get their vehicles, child restraints, tires or other motor vehicle equipment fixed.”
As part of this new mandated recall labeling, the NHTSA has also announced that:
- Businesses or marketing firms that try to mimic the new labeling (in an attempt to deceptively attract consumers’ attention) can be substantially fined (and possibly penalized in additional ways).
- The NHTSA has a new app for consumers that is intended to quickly notify the public about recent vehicle recalls, as well as to facilitate the process of submitting complaints about potential problems with vehicles.
The Trusted Boulder Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, don’t wait to contact the Boulder car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case.
Contact Us Today
Contact us today by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the side of the screen. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.