More Traumatic Brain Injury Facts
Picking up from Traumatic Brain Injury Statistics (Part 1), here are some additional facts and statistics regarding the incidence of TBIs in the U.S. While Part 1 of this blog concentrated on discussing the overall rates of traumatic brain injuries in the U.S., here in Part 2, we will focus on some of the specific causes of TBIs.
As in Part 1, the following traumatic brain injury statistics have been put together and presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- The number one cause of traumatic brain injuries in the U.S. is falls – including slip-and-falls, falls at construction sites, etc. In fact, more than 35 percent of all traumatic brain injuries are the result of some type of fall.
- The second primary cause of traumatic brain injuries is traffic accidents, with more than 17 percent of TBIs being caused by car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and other types of motor vehicle accidents.
- Despite being the second leading cause of TBIs, traffic accidents are the primary cause of traumatic brain injury-related deaths, resulting in nearly 32 percent of these fatalities.
- Other leading causes of traumatic brain injuries include blunt force trauma (i.e., being hit in the head by an object), which causes about 16 percent of all TBIs, and assaults, which cause approximately 10 percent of all TBIs.
- The estimated cost of traumatic brain injuries (when factoring in direct medical costs of treatments and indirect costs, like lost productivity) is approximately $76.5 billion each year in the U.S.
Contacting the Boulder County Brain Injury Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury that may have been caused by another person’s negligence or recklessness, contact the Boulder County brain injury lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in various types of accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, etc. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.