Day to day, it’s easy to forget that some of the common items we use can pose risks to our health and safety. What may be scarier to think about, however, is that the risks are not limited to things at home – they can extend to children at school (and various other places like the roads, work, etc.).
Although this may be distressing, knowing what the most dangerous products are at home and school – based on the number of injuries and fatalities they cause annually – can be essential to preventing accidents and staying safe. Consequently, we’ve highlighted the top household and school products that harm people every year, according to studies done by Health Grove.
If you or a loved one has been harmed as a result of any defective product (or any type of negligence), however, contact a seasoned Denver personal injury attorney at the Cederberg Law Firm.
5 Most Dangerous Products in Homes
- Stairs, which can contribute to slips, trips and falls – Reportedly, stair-related accidents cause more than 1.1 million injuries and upwards of 320 fatalities each year in the U.S.
- Carpeting and other flooring materials, which can cause trips, slips and falls when not properly maintained – Flooring-related accidents at home cause more than 939,600 injuries and 970 fatalities annually.
- Bicycles and other cycles, which can crash with inexperienced riders or when others on the road are not looking out for riders – Bicycle-related injuries hurt more than 610,100 people and kill more than 360 others annually.
- Furniture (not including chairs and beds), which includes items like desks and tables – Furniture-related accidents hurt more than 578,700 people and kill more than 110 others annually in the U.S.
- Knives (excluding intentional attacks or assaults), which include kitchen knives and pocket knives – Annually, more than 427,100 people are hurt in knife accidents. Nearly 20 others are killed in these accidents each year.
5 Most Dangerous Products in Schools
- Playground equipment, which causes more than double the number of injuries than any other product at school causes – More than 60,000 children are injured each year as a result of playground equipment.
- Carpeting and other flooring – More than 26,700 children are hurt by flooring materials at schools each year.
- Stairs– More than 24,400 children are hurt in stair-related accidents annually in the U.S.
- Furniture (not including chairs and beds) – Upwards of 20,600 children are harmed in furniture accidents at schools each year.
- Ceilings and walls, which can be particularly dangerous when children are playing inside – More 16,600 children are hurt in accidents with walls and ceiling at schools each year in the U.S.
Contacting a Denver Personal Injury Attorney at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been harmed by a dangerous, defective or faulty product, contact a Denver personal injury attorney at the Cederberg Law Firm to find out more about your best options for financial recovery.
To meet with us at no cost or obligation to you, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the side of the screen. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.