Human error plays some role in causing at least 90 percent of all car accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While such human error can include distracted driving, driving while intoxicated and failing to obey traffic laws, in other instances, this human error can be involved in causing the equipment on cars to become defective. In fact, tire blowouts and tire failure is one such instance of a vehicle’s equipment failing, and this failure can significantly increase the risk of car accidents.
Causes of Tire Failure
Some of the specific reasons that tires may blow or otherwise become defective while a vehicle is being driven include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The vehicle is overloaded (i.e., the vehicle is carrying excessive weight).
- The vehicle was driven over debris in the roadway, such as glass, nails, large rocks, animals, etc.
- The tires were defectively designed.
- The owner of the vehicle failed to properly maintain the tires (e.g., by failing to replace the tires when necessary, failing to maintain the appropriate air pressure in the tires, etc.).
When the negligence or recklessness of some other person or entity causes tire blowouts or tire failure and, as a result, causes a car accident, those who are injured in the car accident:
- Will likely be entitled to compensation for their medical bills, property damage, mental suffering, etc.
- Can hold the negligent party legally responsible by pursing a car accident lawsuit
- Can learn more about their rights and get their case started for free by consulting with an experienced car accident attorney.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.