Concluding the three-part blog The Distracted Driving Problem, the following presents some additional distracted driving statistics that clarify how prevalent this problem is among U.S. drivers. These statistics, which specifically take a critical look at texting and using cellphones while driving, have been put together by various reputable American public agencies, including (but not limited to) the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Safety Council:
- Distracted driving is about 6 times more likely to result in a motor vehicle accident than drunk driving. In fact, texting while driving can be as dangerous as driving after having consumed about 4 alcoholic beverages.
- At any given moment, approximately 800,000 American drivers are texting while driving on U.S. roadways.
- Driving while texting is as dangerous as driving while blind for about 5 seconds and can slow drivers’ reaction times by about 18 percent.
- Texting while driving is a distracted driving problem that is especially problematic among teen drivers. In fact, about 13 percent of drivers who are 20 years old and younger and who have been in motor vehicle accidents admit to using their cellphones immediately prior to getting to the traffic accident.
- Every day in the U.S., at least 11 teenagers are killed in distracted driving-related car accidents.
- Teen drivers who text while driving spend, on average, about 10 percent of the driving time outside of their lane of traffic.
- More than 50 percent of teens who text while driving don’t think that this practice is dangerous or risky.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.