As a continuation of The Distracted Driving Problem (Part 1)¸ here is some additional info that can help clarify the nature, scope and severity of the distracted driving problem for U.S. motorists. While Part 1 of this blog was dedicated to defining what distracted driving is and how it commonly takes places, here in Part 2, we will take a closer look at some distracted driving statistics that have been compiled by various public and private entities, including (but not limited to):
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- The National Safety Council
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Researchers at various universities in the U.S.
The following are some jaw-dropping distracted driving statistics:
- In 2011, distracted driving was involved in about 23 percent of all motor vehicle accidents – or approximately 1.3 million motor vehicle accidents – in the U.S.
- When motorists try to write or read text messages while driving, there are up to 23 times more likely to be involved in a traffic accident (as compared to when they are simply driving and focused on the road). Similarly, drivers are about 2.8 times more likely to get into a traffic accident when they are dialing numbers on their cellphone and about 1.4 times more likely to get into car accidents when reaching for cellphones as compared to when they are paying attention to the task of driving.
Check out the conclusion of this three-part blog for more fascinating distracted driving statistics and information.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.