Resuming How Social Media Could Impact Your Personal Injury Lawsuit (Pt. 1), below we will continue our discussion that underscores the specific ways in which social media activity could hurt a personal injury case.
More Things to Know about Social Media & Your Personal Injury Lawsuit…
What you say online via social media accounts CAN be used against you later – This is a very important factor that people need to be aware of when it comes to communicating via social media before or while they have a personal injury lawsuit pending.
Some examples of statements made on social media that can end up hurting an injured person’s case include (but are not limited to):
- Any admissions of blame or fault in causing an accident
- Any details of the accident or injuries that may not align with the specific details provided in the complaint (i.e., court documents)
- Any defamatory statements about defendants.
- The pictures you post to these accounts can also come back to haunt you later – While it may make sense that your written posts and comments on social media can end up hurting your personal injury lawsuit, it may not be so clear how the pictures you post can impact your case. However, they can – and they can do so in a big way.For example, let’s say that you were hurt in a serious car versus truck accident, you suffered severe neck injuries in the accident and you’ve already filed a personal injury lawsuit. As part of this case, then, you are seeking compensation for the medical bills, lost wages and other losses related to your neck injuries.
However, if you end up posting pictures to your social media account of you engaging in certain types of physical activities after the truck accident reportedly occurred, defendants can use this pictures as evidence that:
- Your injuries are not as severe as you have alleged them to be in court documents.
- You may not have any neck injuries whatsoever due to the accident.
- You do not deserve the compensation you have requested in your personal injury lawsuit.
We will wrap up this discussion in the upcoming conclusion to this blog series – we encourage you to check it out!
You Can Trust a Denver Personal Injury Lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been injured due to any party’s negligent or reckless behavior, contact a Denver personal injury lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm as soon as possible.
For more than 35 years, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured as a result of negligence. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can:
- Fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting
- Stand up to insurers or others during settlement negotiations
- Help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
Contact Us Today
To meet with us at no cost or obligation to you, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the side of the screen.
In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.