Picking up from Road Hazards: How Dangerous Roads Can Cause Car Accidents (Part 1), the following continues the discussion regarding when dangerous roadway conditions cause or intensify motor vehicle accidents. While the first part of this blog was focused on pointing out the specific parties that may be to blame when road hazards cause car accidents, here in Part 2, we will discuss some of the specific types of road hazards that can endanger drivers by increasing their risk of getting into accidents.
Types of Road Hazards
Some of the most common types of road hazards that create dangerous roadways and, in turn, put drivers at risk of getting into motor vehicle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Animals, debris or other objects being left in the road (including debris from other car accidents)
- Construction equipment and/or construction debris trickling into the roadway
- Lack of sufficient blockades, cones, etc. to mark and divide construction areas on roadways
- Potholes, uncovered manholes and unevenly paved roadways
- Lack of signage, working intersection signals and/or overhead lighting at night
- Obscured signage (such as in the case when tree overgrowth limits drivers’ ability to see essential signage)
- Poorly marked lanes and/or a lack of reflectors to point out lane divisions at night
- Lack of guardrails, especially on elevated, curved roadways
- Lack of signals at busy intersections.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident or in any type of motor vehicle accident that may have been caused by road hazards or any type of dangerous road conditions, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.