More than 90 percent of all motor vehicle accidents that occur each year in the U.S. are caused by some type of human error, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). However, even when human error plays a role in causing car accidents, there are occasions when road hazards can contribute to or possibly even worsen these collisions. When such dangerous roadway conditions may be attributable to some type of negligence, it’s critical that injured drivers and other accident victims are aware that:
- They have rights.
- They should not immediately accept a settlement offer from an insurance companies, as insurers tend to offer far less than car accident claims are worth (in an effort to maximize their profits at accident victims’ expense).
- They will have the best chances of obtaining the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses by working with the trusted Boulder car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law.
Who Is Liable for Dangerous Roadway Conditions
The specific party that is liable in the event that road hazards and dangerous roadway conditions cause motor vehicle accidents will depend on:
- The specific location of the accident
- The type of road hazard that caused the accident.
Generally, however, any one (or any combination) of the following parties may be held responsible for compensating accident victims when dangerous roadways cause – or even contribute to – motor vehicle accidents:
- The city or county responsible for the roadway
- The private entity (like a home owner’s association) responsible for the roadway
- The maintenance and/or construction crew that should have been keeping the road safe for travel
- A trucking company in the event the road hazards resulted from a truck’s cargo not being properly secured (or trucks being overloaded)
Be sure to look for our upcoming second part of this blog for more details regarding motor vehicle accidents caused road hazards and compensation for injured parties.
Contacting the Boulder County Car Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident or in any type of motor vehicle accident that may have been caused by road hazards or any type of dangerous road conditions, contact the Boulder County car accident lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.