Defective Truck Equipment
While truck accidents can be caused by a number of different factors – including poor road and weather conditions, in some cases, these collisions can result from the equipment on trucks failing to work properly. Some specific examples of truck equipment failures that can increase the likelihood of serious truck accidents include:
- Tire blowouts
- Brake failures
- Steering malfunctions
- Malfunctioning signals, headlights and/or brake lights
- Engine and/or transmission problems
- Malfunctioning of the truck’s computer.
When Truck Equipment Failures Are Most Likely to Occur…
Some of the factors that can increase the likelihood of such truck equipment failures include (but are not limited to):
- Overloading trucks with cargo
- Not properly securing cargo within the truck or not properly securing trailers to the truck
- A truck driver or trucking company failing to regularly or properly inspect trucks
- A driver or trucking company’s failure to properly maintain trucks (i.e., fix equipment that shows signs of damage or wear)
- An equipment manufacturer making trucking equipment from cheap or flimsy materials
- A truck manufacturer developing poorly designed equipment
- A mechanic or technician failing to properly install trucking equipment.
Who is Responsible When Truck Equipment Malfunctions?
When defective truck equipment causes an accident, any combination of the following parties may be held responsible for victims’ injuries, expenses and losses:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The vehicle equipment manufacturer
- The mechanic and/or facility responsible for repairing the truck.
How Our Boulder Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Since 2011, the Boulder truck accident lawyer at Cederberg Law has been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in truck accidents caused by defective truck equipment. While our legal professionals take pride in providing each of our clients with the personal attention and professional service they deserve, we are also dedicated to providing them with superior legal services at every stage of their case.
At Cederberg Law, accident victims can rest assured that they will be working with an experienced lawyer who cares about them and who is dedicated to helping them achieve the best possible resolution to their cases. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer:
- Makes hospital visits to ensure that truck accident victims have access to the legal support they need – whenever they need it
- Can fiercely defend accident victims’ rights in any legal setting, as our extensive legal experience has given us a deep understanding of personal injury law
- Is an aggressive litigator in court, as well as a skilled negotiator outside of court – This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries, expenses and losses.
Contact Us for More Information about Your Legal Rights
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident and you believe that defective truck equipment may be to blame for causing the accident, call the Boulder truck accident lawyer at Cederberg Law at 303-499-0449. You can also email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.