Many people rely on public buses to get around and/or to get their children to and from school each day. Buses are also commonly used in Colorado for excursions to casinos and other recreational trips. Unfortunately, however, buses are just as susceptible to getting into traffic accidents as other vehicles that regularly travel on the roads, and the effects of these bus accidents can be just as devastating. In fact, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- More than 24,000 Americans were injured in bus accidents last year.
- More than 200 Americans were killed in fatal bus accidents last year.
- Since 2005, the number of bus accidents that took place on U.S. roadways has been increasing (likely due to the fact that there has been an increased number of buses traveling on U.S. roads).
Causes of Bus Accidents
In many cases, bus accidents are caused (at least in part) by the negligence or recklessness of some individual or party. Some specific examples of negligent or reckless behavior that can increase the likelihood of serious bus accidents include the following:
- Driver intoxication from drug and/or alcohol use
- Driver distraction
- Driver fatigue, which can impair drivers’ abilities in the same way that intoxication can
- Driver inexperience, which can result in drivers not having adequate defensive driving skills (This may be a particularly serious problem when drivers need to quickly respond to aggressive motorists or be able to safely operate a bus during dangerous weather conditions.)
- Vehicle equipment defects (This may be a factor when the company that manufactured the bus/bus equipment or that is responsible for maintaining the bus has behaved negligently).
It’s important to note that the “driver” mentioned above can refer either to the bus driver or to other drivers on the road.
If a bus crash is caused by the negligence of the driver of a different vehicle, injuries to multiple passengers on the bus can create challenges of finding adequate insurance coverage and fairly distributing the proceeds. Cederberg Law has experience finding all available insurance and organizing and working with multiple parties and lawyers to fairly settle multiple claims.
The Boulder Bus Accident Lawyer at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a bus accident, call the Boulder bus accident lawyer at Cederberg Law P.C. at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our attorney and his legal team have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in bus accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need. He can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting, aggressively litigate on your behalf in court, and skillfully negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.