Rollover Car Accident
Approximately 1 in every 5 fatal motor vehicle accidents is a rollover accident, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While about 75 percent of individuals who were killed in fatal rollover accidents were not using their seatbelts at the time of the accident, approximately 66 percent of those who died in these accidents were totally thrown from the vehicle upon the collision.
When rollover accidents are caused by another driver’s negligent or reckless behavior, those who are injured in these accidents – as well as families who may have lost a loved one in a fatal rollover accident – will likely:
- Have a car accident claim against the negligent driver
- Be entitled to compensation for their medical bills, injuries, lost wages, property damage, suffering and other losses.
When Rollover Accidents Are Most Likely to Occur
Some of the specific factors that can increase the likelihood that a rollover accident will occur include the following:
- A vehicle’s center of gravity being too high – In fact, vehicles like light trucks and SUVs that are known to have higher centers of gravity are involved far more often in rollover accidents than passenger vehicles.
- Drivers being intoxicated while operating their vehicle, which is most likely involved in fatal single-vehicle rollover accidents
- Driver’s failure to obey the speed limits, which is also commonly associated with fatal rollover accidents
- Poor weather conditions that cause icy or slick roadways
- Dangerous roadway conditions, such as objects being in the road, which cause drivers to need to suddenly steer their vehicle in a different direction (which, in turn, can cause the vehicle to hit a curb, median or other vehicle and rollover)
- A vehicle’s tires blowing out, either due to defects in the tire themselves, failure to maintain tires or potholes or debris in the road.
How Our Boulder County Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Since 2011, the Boulder County car accident lawyer at Cederberg Law has[ been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. While we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen to learn more about your rights and receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case for free.