Personal Injury from Driver Negligence
More than 90 percent of all car accidents are caused, at least in part, by some sort of human error, and oftentimes, driver negligence is a factor, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). When another driver’s negligent or reckless behavior results in a car accident:
- The consequences can be physically, emotionally and financially ruinous for others involved in the car accident.
- Injured parties – whether they are other drivers, occupants of other vehicles, motorcyclists, pedestrians, etc. – will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries, damages and other losses
Examples of Driver Negligence
Some specific examples of driver negligence can include (but are not limited to) drivers:
- Blatantly disregarding traffic laws, such as by running red lights, speeding, failing to use indicators or yield the right-of-way, etc.
- Operating their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (even if those drugs are over-the-counter or prescription medications)
- Failing to remain focused on the road – in other words, driving while distracted (which has become a significant problem when it comes to the use of cellphones when driving)
- Operating their vehicles while they are exhausted, which some studies have shown can be as risky and potentially dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
When poor roadway conditions, poor weather conditions and/or vehicle equipment failures are coupled with driver negligence, it’s far more likely that:
- Serious car accidents will occur.
- Those involved in the car accidents will suffer more severe injuries (which, in the worst cases, can be life-threatening).
Boulder County Car Accident Lawyer
Since 2011, the Boulder car accident lawyer at Cederberg Law has been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. While we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen to learn more about your rights and receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case for free.