Defective Vehicle Equipment and Car Accident Lawsuits
While many car accidents are caused by driver errors or negligence, in some cases, one or more pieces of equipment on a vehicle may fail to properly work and, as a result, increase the likelihood of a car accident. Such cases of defective vehicle equipment may result from:
- Improperly or poorly designed equipment
- Poorly assembled or manufactured equipment (such as equipment or parts that are made of cheap components)
- Improperly installed or maintained vehicle equipment.
When vehicle equipment failures occur, drivers:
- Will likely have a difficult time maintaining control of their vehicle, which can significantly increase the likelihood of a serious car accident and injuries
- Will likely have a claim against the vehicle equipment manufacturer, the vehicle equipment distributor or designer and/or the technician (or shop) who installed the piece of equipment
- Will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries, property damage, medical bills, lost wages and other losses
- Should consult with an experienced attorney to learn more about their legal rights and entitlements.
Types of Vehicle Equipment Failures
Some of the specific examples of defective vehicle equipment that can contribute to serious car accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Tire failure and tire blowouts
- Steering lockups and other problems
- Engine problems
- Transmission failure
- Fuel line problems
- Brake lockups, failures or other problems
- Vehicle computer problems.
Boulder County Car Accident Lawyer
For more than 35 years, the Boulder County car accident lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm P.C. has been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. While we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At the Cederberg Law Firm P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.
How to Set Up a Free Consult
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen to learn more about your rights and receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case for free.