Car vs. Truck Accident
Car versus truck accidents are among the more serious types of traffic accidents that can take place because:
- Large, heavy trucks (which can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded) can cause significant damage to passenger vehicles even when going at fairly slow speeds.
- When cars and trucks collide head-on, the grill of trucks can impact the windshield and cab of the car, which can seriously injure (if not kill) the car’s occupants.
- There is a risk of cars getting lodged beneath and trapped under elevated trucks, which increases the likelihood of fatal car versus truck accidents.
Causes of Car versus Truck Accidents
Some of the specific factors that can contribute to car versus truck accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driver intoxication (with alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription medications and/or over-the-counter drugs)
- Driver exhaustion or fatigue (which may especially be a problem from truck drivers who are trying to comply with or beat unrealistic schedules)
- Driver distraction (due to, for example, use of a cellphone to text while driving)
- Poor roadway conditions, like lack of signage or lack of proper lane markers
- Equipment failure on cars or trucks (such as brake failure, steering problems, etc.)
- Failure to maintain vehicles (for example, if a truck does not have properly working indicators or brake likes or it lacks safety reflectors, it’s more likely that other drivers may not see a truck slowing down ahead of them).
How Our Boulder Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
For more than 35 years, the Boulder car accident lawyers at the Cederberg Law Firm P.C. has been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team has a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. While we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At the Cederberg Law Firm P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen to learn more about your rights and receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case for free.