Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Failure to Signal
Colorado law stipulates that motor vehicle drivers are required to use signals when changing lanes and/or making turns. When motorists fail to use signals and indicators:
- They will be violating traffic laws and can be pulled over and ticketed by law enforcement officials.
- They can increase the risk of motorcycle accidents and serious injuries.
- They can be held legally liable for accident victims’ injuries and losses if victims choose to file motorcycle accident lawsuits.
Failure to Signal: Left-Hand Turn Motorcycle Accidents
About 42 percent of traffic accidents that involve car and motorcycle collisions are accidents that involve vehicles making left-hand turns in front of riders. Specifically, these accidents can occur when drivers of passenger vehicles make left-hand turns:
- In intersections when an oncoming rider has the right-of-way to pass through the intersection
- In front of riders who are immediately behind them.
Failure to Signal: U-Turns, Lane Changes and Other Moving Violations
While a driver’s failure to use his signals when making left-hand turns can cause serious motorcycle accidents, it can also result in accidents when the driver is attempting to:
- Make a u-turn: Drivers attempting to make sudden u-turns without using signals can crash into motorcycle riders and cause them to sustain serious injuries even when vehicles are going at very slow speeds.
- Change lanes: Failure to use signals when changing lanes increases the likelihood that drivers will hit riders who may be in their blind spots.
- Pull out from a parked position: When drivers do not use indicators to alert other motorists that they are pulling their vehicles out from parked positions, they can cause serious accidents in which oncoming riders and motorists to slam into the back of their vehicles.
The Boulder County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver’s failure to use his signals (or caused by any other type of driver negligence), the Boulder County motorcycle accident lawyer at Cederberg Law wants you to know that he can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Since 2011, we have been successful at securing results for people who have been seriously injured in motorcycle accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team has a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need. He can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting, aggressively litigating on your behalf in court while serving as a skilled negotiator outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyer a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
To learn more about your rights and receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case for free, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.