Colorado Motorcycle Operation Laws
Whether you are trying to obtain your motorcycle license in Colorado or you have been riding in the state for some time, it’s important that you are aware of the state’s motorcycle operation laws so that:
- You know how to legally and safely operate a motorcycle when on Colorado roadways.
- You can avoid being pulled over and ticketed by law enforcement officials.
- You can reduce your risk of being involved and possibly injured in motorcycle accidents.
According to Colorado laws, motorcycle riders:
- Are not legally permitted to split or share lanes with drivers of passenger vehicles – This means that riders cannot ride between lanes of traffic or alongside of vehicles within the same lane of traffic in an effort to try to bypass traffic.
- Are permitted to co-ride, which is the practice of riding alongside of another motorcycle rider within the same lane of traffic.
- Are not legally permitted to “ride” their motorcycles when they are attached to (i.e., being towed by) another vehicle.
- Are not legally permitted to operate their motorcycles with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or greater (if the individual has a commercial driver’s license, then he or she cannot legally operate the motorcycle if he or she has a BAC of 0.04 or greater).
In addition to these motorcycle operation laws, riders must also comply with general traffic laws governing all drivers in order to avoid being ticketed and penalized. If riders fail to comply with Colorado motorcycle operation laws – or with any traffic law, any damages to which they may be entitled to if they are involved in an accident will be mitigated by their own negligent actions that may have caused or contributed to the accident.
Contacting the Boulder County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, contact a Boulder motorcycle accident lawyer at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in motorcycle accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team has a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting.
The bottom line is that our trusted lawyer is a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.