Earlier this month, regulators at the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) announced that they have adopted a new Statewide Transportation Plan that outlines some important strategic actions and goals for the coming decade.
Developed with the input of more than 60,000 Coloradans, this Statewide Transportation Plan is intended to improve the state’s investment into the transportation system, with the goal of making CDOT the best DOT in the U.S.
Among the specific strategic goals of the Statewide Transportation Plan are:
- Incorporating a risk-based asset management system
- Streamlining and improving the efficiency of system operations and management practices
- Improving Colorado roadway capacity
- Improving safety in all areas.
CDOT’s Statewide Transportation Plan: A Picture of the Road to Success
To achieve the above-listed strategic goals, here are just some of the initiatives specifically outlined by the Statewide Transportation Plan:
- Implement “data-driven processes” to reduce the incidence of traffic collisions
- Improve public education campaigns to help “move Colorado towards zero [traffic-related] deaths”
- Reduce congestion and enhance mobility through improved “operation efficiencies regionally and at a corridor level”
- Appropriately invest CDOT funds, which will include more consideration towards the various economic benefits (like jobs, etc.) associated with particular projects
- Pursue viable funding alternatives to help maintain the transportation system, as well as CDOT’s economic competitiveness
- Be proactive about roadway maintenance through improved identification of deteriorating transportation systems/features.
In explaining the benefits of the new Statewide Transportation Plan, CDOT Executive Director Shailen Bhatt noted that:
The 2040 Statewide Transportation Plan serves as an excellent starting point for moving CDOT into the position of becoming the best DOT in the nation…This bold and achievable goal is only reached through a clear blueprint for maintaining and improving the state’s transportation system over the next 10 to 25 years – and the 2040 Statewide Transportation Plan is the innovate [sic] blueprint that will help CDOT achieve this.
Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact a Denver car accident lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm to find out more about your best options for financial recovery.
For nearly four decades, our trusted attorneys and staff have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Let us put our experience, insight and resources to work helping you obtain the justice and compensation you may deserve.
To meet with us at no cost or obligation to you and learn more about how we can help, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the side of the screen. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.