Concluding the three-part blog Initial Consults: How to Prepare to Meet with a Personal Injury Attorney¸ here, we will provide some final thoughts on how accident victims can prepare for their initial consults with lawyers if they are able to do so.
Prep Tip 4: Think of/Write Down Questions You Have for the Lawyer
Just as a lawyer will be asking you questions about the accident or event that caused your injury, you will have the opportunity during the initial consult to ask the attorney questions about:
- His or her experience
- What you should expect from the case and the legal process.
To make sure that you do not forget any of the questions you may have thought of, it can be helpful to write down all of your questions ahead of time so you are prepared when you meet with the attorney face to face.
Some examples of questions that you may want to ask during the initial consult include (but are not limited to) the following:
- How many years of experience do you have litigating personal injury cases?
- Do you have specific experience with cases like mine? If so, please describe this experience.
- Can you provide me with former clients’ contact info so I can get their feedback regarding your services and their experiences with you?
- What are your fees?
- How often will I hear from you/get updates regarding my case? And how will these updates be provided (Phone calls? Emails? Mailed letters?)?
- Should I expect a trial in my case?
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- What else do you need from me to get my case started?
Our Boulder County Personal Injury Lawyers Want to Meet with You
If you or a loved one has been afflicted with any type of personal injury, contact the Boulder County personal injury lawyers at Cederberg Law by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.