In the aftermath of a serious accident and injury, injured parties will typically be focused on getting the medical treatments they need and figuring out how to cover the costs of this medical care. Once their health has stabilized, it’s important that victims then take the time to:
- Learn more about their legal rights.
- Figure out if they may be entitled to more compensation than an insurer may by offering.
- Meet with an experienced Boulder personal injury attorney at the Cederberg Law Firm for a free case evaluation.
While initial consults are typically the first step in getting a personal injury case started, they are also critical meetings during which accident victims can:
- Ask questions about their case.
- Get professional advice regarding how to proceed with their claim.
- Decide whether they want to move forward with a specific lawyer (or shop around for another attorney in whom they have more confidence).
Here and in two upcoming parts of this blog, we will outline some easy ways that accident victims can prepare for their initial consults in order to make the most of these meetings and ensure they are getting all of the potential benefits from them.
Prep Tip 1: Be Ready to Discuss the Specifics of the Accident
In order to provide you with specific info about your case, an attorney will first need to hear about what happened to you – namely:
- When and where the accident occurred
- Who else may have been involved in the accident
- What types of injuries you sustained
- What you did in the aftermath of the accident (in terms of treatment, etc.).
Whether the accident happened days, weeks or months ago, you will need to be ready to discuss these details during the initial consultation. A good way to prepare yourself is to practice describing the accident in detail to a family member and/or write down a thorough account of the accident. By practicing this discussion (in an oral or in written manner), you can make sure that you will not leave out any important details when it comes time to talk to a lawyer.
Look for the upcoming second and third parts of this blog for three additional tips on preparing to meet with a personal injury attorney.
Contacting the Boulder County Personal Injury Lawyers at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been afflicted with any type of personal injury, contact the Boulder County personal injury lawyers at the Cederberg Law Firm by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen.
At the Cederberg Law Firm P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.