According to auto insurance industry experts, the average driver will be a car accident once every 18 or so years. This means that, over the course of lifetime, the average motorist will be in about 4 car accidents.
Although there are low chances that one of these wrecks will be deadly, the chances that one of these accidents will result in injuries and/or property damage are good, as even more minor traffic accidents can result in lasting injuries and costly damages.
What Increases My Risk of Being in a Car Accident?
Given that the above numbers are averaged across national statistics, clearly, some people have a lower risk of collision while others’ risk is greater. In fact, your risk of getting into a car accident will usually increase if or when:
- You regularly drive at night – While visibility typically decreases at night (particularly in more rural regions), there also tends to be more impaired motorists on the roads at night, especially over weekend nights. So even if you are sober, responsible and careful while driving at night, you can face a greater risk of getting into an accident because there are more intoxicated drivers behind the wheel during these times.
- You regularly drive during rush hour – During rush hour, there are not only more vehicles traveling the roads, but it’s also more likely for the commuters with whom you are sharing the road to be distracted, as those who make the same commutes day in and day out can stop focusing in their driving environments. Similarly, during rush hour commutes, there tends to be more aggressive drivers on the roads.
- You multitask while you drive – If you happen to be one of the distracted drivers on the road, then you yourself have increased your risk of a car accident, as you can miss seeing up to 50 percent of all the important visual cues necessary to take in when you multitask as you drive.
If or, more aptly put, when you are in a car accident, your chances of sustaining an injury will typically increase if or when:
- You aren’t wearing your seatbelt when the accident occurs.
- The accident involves a fully loaded commercial vehicle, a train or some other large and heavy vehicle.
- An underride or rollover accident occurs – These accidents have high fatality rates due to their propensity to cause potentially life-threatening head (and other) injuries.
Denver Car Accident Attorneys at the Cederberg Law Firm: Experience You Can Trust
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact the Denver car accident attorneys at the Cederberg Law Firm to find out more about your best options for financial recovery.
For more than 35 years, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting.
Let’s Talk – Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
To meet with us at no cost or obligation to you, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the side of the screen.
In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.