In keeping with our last blog that discussed the ongoing Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign being carried out by law enforcement agencies throughout the U.S., in this blog series, we will take a closer look at DUI accidents and how often they occur in the U.S.
These statistics regarding DUI accidents have been compiled by various reputable agencies and organizations, including the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD).
A Look at DUI Accidents in the U.S.
- Every 51 minutes or so, someone in the U.S. dies in a drunk driving accident.
- Every day, 28 people in the U.S. die in fatal DUI accidents.
- Each year, DUI accidents result in more than 10,000 fatalities. More than 1 out of every 3 of these deaths impacts someone other than the drunk driver (such as the passengers in drunk drivers’ vehicles, other sober motorists on the road, pedestrians, etc.).
- Someone in the U.S. is hurt in a drunk driving accident every two or so minutes. This, in turn, results in nearly 300,000 people in the U.S. being injured in DUI accidents every year.
- About 66 percent of the U.S. population – or 2 in every 3 people in the U.S. – will somehow be involved in a DUI accident at some point in their lifetime (either as a drunk driver or the victim of a drunk driver).
Be sure to look for the upcoming second installment of this blog that will be published in early September.
Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been injured in a DUI accident – or if you have been hurt in any type of motor vehicle accident, contact a Denver car accident lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm by calling us at 303-499-0449 or emailing us using the form at the side of the screen.
For more than 35 years, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At the Cederberg Law Firm P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.