Colorado residents are driving less than they did 50 years ago, and this seems to be a snowballing trend towards as more and more people are opting to walk, ride their bicycles and/or use public transportation, according to research recently conducted by the Southwest Energy Efficiency Project.
In fact, researchers involved in this study have reported that:
- Although the number of motorists on Colorado roads had been steadily increasing since around 1950, this trend has been in reverse since 2004.
- Some of the primary reasons for this reversing trend have been that people are living in more dense urban areas, younger motorists are placing a higher value on making environmentally conscious traveling decisions and/or people are generally opting for more cost-effective transportation options.
The implications of this reversing trend seem to be far reaching – particularly when it comes to:
- Considerations of expanding Colorado’s highway system, which has received a negative backlash (especially in light of the fact that many people see such an expansion as increasing lanes of congestion on the highways)
- Calls to improve Colorado’s public transportation system
- The need to improve bicycle lanes and pedestrian walkways.
What researchers did not consider in their study was whether or not a decrease the number of drivers coupled with an increase in bicycle riders and pedestrians has had an impact on the number of bicycle and/or pedestrian accidents occurring in the state.
Contacting the Boulder Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle or pedestrian accident – or if you have lost a loved one in any type of motor vehicle accident, contact the Boulder motor vehicle accident lawyers at Cederberg Law. You can call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the contact form at the side of the screen.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting. In fact, while we are aggressive litigators in court, we are also skilled negotiators outside of court. This makes our trusted lawyers a formidable force that will not back down until you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, expenses and losses.
At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.