Home/Car Accidents/Car Accident FAQs

The following car accident FAQs provide some detailed information about what to do after traffic accidents in order to protect yourself and your rights.

Car Accident FAQs

The following car accident FAQs provide some detailed information about what to do after traffic accidents in order to protect yourself and your rights.

What should I do after a car accident?

After a car accident, the first thing you should do is call the police who will investigate the accident and develop a thorough police report. Next, you should exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident, such as drivers’ license numbers, insurance information, contact information, etc.

Then, take pictures of any damage and injuries that have resulted from the accident. Finally, seek medical attention if needed and consult with an experienced car accident lawyer to learn more about your rights.

Can I be compensated if I’m the victim of a hit-and-run accident?

If your auto insurance coverage includes underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage, then you can be compensated if you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident.

How much will it cost me to talk to a lawyer about the car accident?

No. Your initial consultation will be free.

How soon after an accident should I speak to a lawyer?

As soon as your health is no longer in danger from any possible injuries, it’s a good idea to speak with a car accident lawyer. A good lawyer can defend your rights and represent your interests to your insurance company, as well as to insurance companies of other involved drivers, and can ensure that you have the best chances of securing the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses.

Should I make an official statement to my insurance company?

While you may be tempted to tell your side of the story to your insurance company, any mistake you make in your statement could be used to deny your legitimate claim. Therefore, if you have a lawyer working on your case, do not make a statement to your insurance company; instead, defer your agent to your lawyer who will speak on your behalf.

Should I talk to an agent from the other driver’s insurance company?

Again, the best move here is to defer agents from other insurance companies to your lawyer who will speak on your behalf and ensure that your rights are fully protected.

Boulder County Car Accident Lawyer

Since 2011, the Boulder County car accident lawyer at Cederberg Law has been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents caused by other individuals’ negligence and recklessness. Having handled countless cases, our attorney and his legal team have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting.

At Cederberg Law, you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyer makes hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the left-hand side of the screen to learn more about your rights and receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case for free.