In conclusion to our three-part blog 5 Important Facts about Pedestrian Accidents, below we will wrap up our discussion of pedestrian accidents by pointing out some final important facts to know about these all-too-common and tragic collisions.
4. Fatal pedestrian accidents are often caused by drunk drivers.
As the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports, about 47 percent of all fatal pedestrian accidents are caused by drunk drivers. Alcohol impairment is so often a factor in these accidents because drunk drivers are far more likely to:
- Not see pedestrians at all (especially if those pedestrians are children and/or it’s night)
- Not have prompt reactions even if they do see pedestrians, which means they aren’t able to swiftly turn or brake the vehicle to avoid hitting pedestrians
- Fall asleep behind the wheel, be distracted while driving or engage in other reckless behaviors that can significantly impair their awareness of and reactions to the presence of pedestrians.
5. After pedestrian accidents, contact the Cederberg Law Firm for superior legal representation.
By far, the most important fact for people to know is that the Boulder car and pedestrian accident attorneys at the Cederberg Law Firm will be here for them and ready to fight for their rights if or when they are injured in pedestrian accidents.
By turning to us in the aftermath of these terrible incidents, you can trust that your rights will be protected, that you will have superior legal representation and that you will have the best chances of securing the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Contact a Boulder Car and Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at the Cederberg Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been hit by a car or has been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, contact a Boulder car and pedestrian accident lawyer at the Cederberg Law Firm. Call us at 303-499-0449, or email us using the contact form at the side of the screen.
For more than 35 years, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting.
At the Cederberg Law Firm P.C., you will not be handed off to a paralegal or assistant. You will receive personal attention and professional service from an experienced lawyer who cares about you and who is dedicated to providing you with superior legal services at every stage of your case. In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.