Picking up from where 5 Holiday Driving Safety Tips from the NHTSA (Pt. 1) left off, here, we will continue to point out some essential safety tips to remember as you hit the roads this holiday season.
More Holiday Driving Safety Tips
Tip 3 – Minimize Your Distractions
Like drunk driving, distracted driving is a completely preventable and highly prominent cause of fatal and injury-related motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. In fact, as officials at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have reported, distracted driving:
- Can involve anything that pulls motorists’ attention from the task of driving, including eating while driving, using GPS or other in-vehicle technology while driving, etc.
- Is become a significant problem in specific terms of texting while driving
- Was a factor in about 10 percent of all fatal traffic accidents and in about 18 percent of all injury-related (non-fatal) traffic accidents that occurred in the U.S. in 2012.
So, as the NHTSA is advising as part of its holiday driving safety tips, be committed to staying focused and minimizing your distractions while driving.
Tip 4 – Use the Proper Safety Restraints for Children
Using the appropriate child safety seat (based on a child’s age and size) has been found to reduce the risk of deadly injuries by:
- About 71 percent for children younger than 1 year old
- About 54 percent for children between 1 and 4 years old.
So, if you’ll be traveling with children this holiday season – or generally, be sure to:
- Always use the right child car safety seat for your child
- Check with the NHTSA (or your state’s authorities) to see what the appropriate safety restraints are for your child if you are unsure
- Register your child’s car seat so that you can be informed if any recalls are ever issued on it in the future
- Have children younger than 13 years old ride in the back seats.
For some final important holiday driving safety tips, be sure to check out the upcoming conclusion to this blog series!
You Can Rely on a Denver Car Accident Lawyer at Cederberg Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, contact a Denver car accident lawyer at Cederberg Law to find out more about your best options for financial recovery.
Since 2011, our esteemed legal professionals have been successful at securing results and compensation for people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and other types of traffic accidents. Having handled countless cases, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, as well as the legal experience you need, and we can fiercely defend your rights in any legal setting.
To meet with us at no cost or obligation to you, call us at 303-499-0449 or email us using the form at the side of the screen.
In addition to offering free initial consults and contingency fee options, our lawyers make hospital visits to ensure that you have access to the legal support you need – whenever you need it.